Written on Modified on
Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) today announced it plans to showcase smart sensing applications that make life easier, safer and greener at Sensors Converge 2022.
At Sensors Converge 2022 Infineon is showcasing smart sensing applications that make life easier, safer and greener. The company will present solutions based on the XENSIV™ sensor portfolio that highlight Infineon’s in-depth system understanding and partnerships serving consumer and industrial markets.
The company will present solutions based on the XENSIV™ sensor portfolio that highlight Infineon’s in-depth system understanding and partnerships serving consumer and industrial markets.
In addition, two Infineon products have been named finalists for the event’s 2022 Best of Sensors Awards presented by Questex’s Sensors Converge and Fierce Electronics. The first, the XENSIV BGT60TR13, is a 60 GHz radar sensor enabling advanced sensing. The second is the Infineon BattOpSAS, a battery-powered smart alarm system. Award winners will be announced on June 28, 2022.
Drawing on the broadest portfolio of traditional and leading-edge sensor technologies on the market today, the Infineon booth (#418) at Sensors Converge will feature more than a dozen solutions for smart living in residential and commercial buildings, as well as industrial and automotive applications. The scope of technologies in demonstrations and static displays will range from magnetic, current, radar, capacitive touch and pressure sensors, to environmental and acoustic sensors based on MEMS technologies, and 3D image and presence detection sensors utilizing Time-of-Flight (ToF) IR imaging and advanced, ultra-low power radar.
The Infineon booth will be organized around application and product groups in the following categories:
- Smart Living: Demonstrations of smart home applications will highlight how Infineon sensors make a consumer’s life more convenient and energy efficient. Integrated sensors, controllers and actuators enable secure collection, interpretation and processing of real-time data, then trigger the appropriate action or response. Demonstrations will include an intelligent air conditioning unit, a smart home security solution, presence detection, and CO 2 sensors used to monitor the levels of carbon dioxide in the living room.
- Touch- sensing solutions: Infineon will be showcasing its easy-to-use, industry-leading, CAPSENSE™ capacitive touch solution. The touchscreen solution will highlight its tolerance to liquids, seamless operation in wet conditions, and ability to function when a user has a thick glove on their hand.
In addition to the show floor, Infineon’s “don’t miss” conference highlights include the following sessions:
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Workshop: Cyber resilience for IoT – Bouncing back from attacks presented by the Trusted Computing Group with Steve Hanna, Distinguished Engineer, Connected Secure Systems Division
- Announcement of winners in the “Build AI for the IoT” design contest, on the main stage.
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Keynote panel: Ripple Effect – Unlocking new applications and innovations for RADAR through industry standardization with Raj Khattoi, Sr. Director of Sensor Systems and IoT, Power & Sensor Systems Division
- Conference session: The ‘Matter’ standard – Raising the bar for smart home presented by Steve Hanna, Distinguished Engineer, Connected Secure Systems Division
- Conference Session: Combining different sensors to support HVAC predictive maintenance presented by Steve Robbins, Principal Field Applications Engineer, Radar, Sensors and RF, Power & Sensor Systems Division.
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 – Co-Location: Embedded Technologies Conference
- Panel: AI and Machine Learning at the edge; Market dynamics and application with David Jones, Head of the IoT and Sensor Solutions Group, Power & Sensor Systems Division.
More information about Infineon’s sensor portfolio and Sensors Converge 2022 activities is available at www.infineon.com/sensors-converge.