Written on Modified on
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) announces the worldwide availability of the InvenSense ICP-20100 platform, a new generation, feature-rich barometric pressure sensor, ideal for applications in smart phones, tablets, drones, and smart home appliances. With architectural innovations, ICP-20100 improves on the industry-leading accuracy, long term drift, and temperature stability of the SmartPressure product family.
- Ultra-low noise MEMS barometric pressure sensor in a compact footprint
- Accurately measures a height difference as small as 5cm
- Suitable for Smart Phones, Tablets, Drones, AR/VR, and Smart Home appliances
The ICP-20100 device combines a barometric pressure and a temperature sensor in a small 2.0 mm x 2.0 mm x 0.8 mm package. The device enables flexible user designs with multiple input voltage levels including 1.2V, 1.8V and 3.3V, and a choice of I²C, I3CSM and SPI interfaces. The ICP-20100 device can be configured to achieve ultra-low noise or ultra-low power performance and has the versatility to perform anywhere in-between.
The InvenSense SmartPressure™ family uses an innovative capacitive MEMS architecture to deliver lower power consumption and lower noise than competing pressure sensors technologies. The ICP-20100 pressure sensor can operate over wide temperature ranges and deliver measurement accuracies required by a variety of applications including, 3D geolocation and emergency location service (E911), mobile indoor/outdoor navigation, sport and fitness activity tracking, and altitude-hold in drones. The sensor assists in extending battery life for always-on applications due to its extreme low-power consumption. With ultra-low noise pressure sensing capabilities, the ICP-20100 can detect altitude changes of less than 5 cm.
“With its low noise architectural innovations, ICP-20100 underscores TDK’s continued commitment to bringing innovative human sensing solutions,” said Uday Mudoi, Director of Product Marketing at InvenSense, a TDK Group Company. “ICP-20100 accurately measures pressure over a long period of time, enabling new critical and important applications such as determination of accurate location of E911 calls.”
A comprehensive development kit (DK-20100) and evaluation platform are also available along with necessary software to enable quick-to-market development of customer systems. In addition to the ICP-20100, the ICP-10125, ICP-10101, and ICP-10111 pressure sensors are part of the SmartPressure™ product family of solutions and are currently in worldwide distribution.
- IoT: Internet of Things
- Pa: Pascal
- E911: Enhanced 911 service
- EV: Evaluation module
- DK: Developer Kit
- MEMS: Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Smart phones, tablets
- Leisure, sports, and fitness activity monitoring for wearable sensors
- Altitude Control of Drones and Flying Toys
- Virtual Reality and Gaming Equipment
- Altimeters and barometers for portable devices
- Indoor/outdoor navigation (dead-reckoning, floor/elevator/step detection)
- Smart home appliances such as robotic vacuum cleaners
Main features and benefits
- Pressure operating range: 30 to 110 kPa
- Pressure sensor temperature coefficient offset: ±0.5 Pa/ºC
- I²C, I3C SM and SPI interface
- FIFO, Interrupt, User configurable ODR/OSR
- RoHS and Green compliant