Justin SullivanGetty Images
Chevrolet MyLink is an infotainment system featured in Chevrolet vehicles. Chevrolet started introducing MyLink in all its vehicles in 2017. Newer models have the same system with a new name, called the Chevy Infotainment 3.
What Is a Chevrolet MyLink?
The Chevrolet MyLink is a 7- or 8-inch touch screen located above your vehicle’s radio. This infotainment system offers communication, navigation, and entertainment features from your vehicle on a screen located on your center console. Connecting your smartphone to the MyLink system allows you to put your phone away while driving, helping to limit distractions and stay focused on the road. This interface allows you to connect your smartphone to your car using Bluetooth. The MyLink system works with both Apple and Android phone models, though some devices may require a USB connection.
The Chevy MyLink system offers you numerous opportunities to customize your driving experience to make it enjoyable and safe. Some of the features and benefits it provides include:
- Interact with the touch screen: The Chevrolet MyLink color touch screen sits in a central location on your vehicle, making it easily accessible and viewable while driving. The interactive screen works similarly to a smartphone, allowing you to scroll through settings and apps. Consider keeping your screen glare and scratch-free with a screen protector.
- Navigate your system’s services: The Chevrolet MyLink’s color touch screen divides its offerings into several sections for convenience, including navigation, phone, text, media, and weather. Use the arrows on the side of your screen to scroll through the options, or you can create a favorites list for easy access.
- Adjust your car’s settings: The touch screen also offers several options for customizing the settings within your Chevrolet vehicle. Within the settings options, you can adjust the time and date, as well as change settings related to your car’s climate, lighting, keyless access, and other convenience features.
- Connect with your smartphone: The Chevrolet MyLink integrates with smartphones via Bluetooth, allowing you to access your phone and its apps or services. Once set up, your vehicle will automatically connect to your smartphone every time you start the MyLink system.
- Use voice commands: You can control your MyLink system using the Push to Talk button located on your vehicle’s steering wheel or directly on the MyLink touch screen. Without taking your eyes off the road, you can ask it to make a phone call, play a particular song, or find directions to a location.
- Get accurate voice recognition: The Chevrolet MyLink system comes with highly accurate voice recognition software, helping it capture specific names and commands. The more you use this feature, it enhances the system’s ability to recognize your speech patterns and accent to distinguish words, helping it become even more accurate.
- Install your preferred apps: MyLink comes with several helpful pre-installed apps, and you can browse through the Chevrolet Shop on your touch screen to download more when connected to the internet or using Chevy’s 4G LTE data plan. You can find apps that cover various interests or needs, including music, sports, news, audiobooks, and the weather.
- Send and receive voice and text messages: Connecting your smartphone to MyLink enables you to make and receive hands-free phone calls, and you can start and end calls using the touch screen interface. The built-in voice system can also read your text messages aloud and help you respond to them using preset options or voice recognition, allowing you to stay focused on driving.
- Get step-by-step navigation instructions: The built-in navigation section displays a local map of your area and creates routes for your destination, offering turn-by-turn directions. This feature also warns you about potential traffic issues and notifies you about tollbooths to make your trips easier.
- Encourage safer driving practices: The Teen Driver feature offered through the MyLink system empowers families to promote safer driving habits. The system can perform several functions when enabled, such as providing speed warnings, setting music volume limits, and preventing safety features from being disabled.
- Stream your favorite music: The Chevrolet MyLink connects to your smartphone, allowing you to access and play music from your personal library. You can also download various music or radio streaming apps, providing a personalized listening experience for subscription-holders.
- Create a Wi-Fi hot spot: A built-in Wi-Fi hot spot can provide your passengers with internet access on up to seven devices. Users can browse their favorite websites, stream videos, and download games during road trips for entertainment.
How To Install a Chevrolet MyLink
Disclaimer: The guidelines in this story are general and not meant to replace instructions for your specific vehicle. Please consult your owner’s manual or repair guide before attempting repairs.
If you purchase a Chevrolet vehicle with MyLink, this feature comes installed. However, you need to set up this system to start using it. You can use the following simple steps to connect your smartphone with your Chevrolet MyLink system:
- Make sure your smartphone has Bluetooth turned on.
- Press the “Phone” icon on the Chevrolet MyLink screen.
- Select the “Pair Device” option.
- Look at your smartphone and click on the “Chevrolet MyLink” option under its list of connectable Bluetooth devices.
- Enter the four-digit PIN that appears on your smartphone into the MyLink system.
- Select the “Yes” option that appears on MyLink.
Once you’ve performed these steps, you can access your phone through the MyLink system. The MyLink system may require periodic updates, though the system will conduct the download process by itself. When an update is available, your vehicle will automatically retrieve and install the program once you turn it on. These updates help ensure that your MyLink provides the most up-to-date recommendations or directions and functional software. After installing an update, check that your system is functioning well and looks normal. If you encounter difficulties or need additional help, you can visit or contact your Chevrolet dealership.
Where To Buy Chevrolet MyLink
The Chevrolet MyLink is an optional feature that comes installed in Chevrolet vehicles. Some of the features incorporated into the MyLink system may come with additional fees, and your data plan rates apply when using smartphone features, such as calling or texting. Also, some apps available for download on the Chevrolet Shop require separate subscriptions.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io